Sedona, AZ

Sedona, AZ was pretty neat. there were trolleys and hikes and vortexes and climbs, but we’ll get to that later. Let’s start with some clarification.

You cannot see a vortex. They are not visible, they are simply there. Some people claim that they feel energy when they go there. Others claim that they see glimpses of their past life. If this is true or not, I do not know. Either way, you cannot see a vortex. It is a spot where people claim to feel energy.

With that out of the way, let’s get on to the actual post.

We woke up really early in the morning to make the two-hour drive from Phoenix. The ride was pretty and it was awesome to see the change in the land from the city to the mountains. The red rocks of Sedona are so pretty. We saw a coyote just walking around at a rest stop. I’ve never seen one during the day.

Our first stop was to purchase tickets for the trolley. We scheduled an hour long tour. The trolley was pretty nice. We stopped at a really pretty place where you could view mountains, and we stopped at a place where you could view “lizard rock”, which is a place that looks like lizards head. When we got off the trolley, the driver gave us lollipops, so I mean I won’t argue…

Our next stop was to walk the town and shop. I felt it was very touristy because most of the stores sold the same junk. We don’t have room for that stuff in the camper so we usually just skip those stores but mom and Stephanie seemed to have a good time.

Some guy had a bunch of animals set out in the town square. He had snakes, rabbits, dogs, tarantulas, and more but the bunnies were my favorite. I want them really bad now. The snakes were also pretty cute, and I got to hold one. The dogs were adorable, and the tarantulas were… blech.

We ate lunch at Coffee Pot, the home of the 101 omelets. The restaurant was named after the mountain near it. Stephanie had an Alaskan waffle and I had the best pancakes I’ve ever had. If you stop in Sedona go here for dinner.

We hiked to a vortex by the airport. The vortex is a 0.6 mile hike one way, and then another 0.3-ish to get to the summit. I couldn’t feel any kind of energy, but that might be because I was really hot and tired. We were all hot and tired by the time we got back to the truck, so we got some water bottles from the shop nearby.

That was the end of the day and we had a long drive home so we left Sedona. I would absolutely go back to do some more hiking. It’s very pretty there!

Well, that’s all for today, see you next time!


Leave a Reply